Read This Before Going To Buy The Best Stroller & Pram For Your Baby
Hola my dear readers!
How to buy the best pram or stroller for your little angel, is very tricky for parents. Because it is very important to know everything from safety to easing of use and quality before you put your precious in wheels.
But before we start let me clarify a single doubt mainly most parents have i.e., what is the difference between a pram and a stroller? You don’t have to think in deep for that. Simply a stroller refers to a model with an upright seat while pram refers to one with a bassinet or flat sleeping surface. But nowadays most models allow both positions. It is even perhaps one of the most vital tools in your parenting arsenal, so it’s necessary to get your choice right mommy!
So, only for you, here is the list of useful features and important safety tips to get you on the road and keep your little peanut safe.
The best Stroller or Pram will be the one that:
- Has a seat that fits your little one comfortably and safely,
- Has right height and weight for you to push and lift, &
- Has all the safety features.
Types of Strollers and Pram:
The word stroller and pram tend to be used loosely and synonymously for the same product. But they come with different functions which distinguish them in various categories like:
- Layback Stroller- Baby can sit up, or lay down for sleep; the best option for newborns. Look for one with perfection to the highest safety standard.
- Jogger Stroller- As the name suggests; you can jog with the stroller. They have large, fixed wheels that roll easily for fast movement.
- Double Stroller- For multiple buds. You can also use connectors to join two or three strollers. It will be easy to detach and use in congested places.
- Convertible Bike Stroller- It is a combination of bike and stroller.
- Umbrella Stroller- A lightweight travel stroller. It may have minimal storage space but is easier to fold and take with you on public transport. It has comfortable seats with a safety bar on the front for a secure ride.
You may like: HunyHuny Stroller Pram With High Ground Clearance
What type of Stroller is the safest?
You may like: HunyHuny Lightweight Stroller Buggy With Umbrella Fold
Strollers come with three-wheels and four wheels. But HunyHuny suggests you opt for four-wheeled strollers. As many parents who own the three-wheelers report problems with their strollers such as tipping dangerously or toppling over with a baby inside or rolling away unexpectedly. So, go for a four-wheeled stroller. Their features are as follows:
- Umbrella versions are more compact and fold into a smaller package, making the best choice for public transport.
- Those have two small wheels at the front and two large wheels at the rear, provide the stability which a three-wheeler fails to provide.
What will be best for you?
There will be never a perfect one, so you need to consider a few questions and choose the one which would work best in your situation. Here are the questions-
- Where are you going to be using it most?
- What are the footpaths around your locality like?
- What you are most likely to be doing?
Here are a few more tips for you to follow:
- Go for a stroller or pram that is not too wide or bulky, and a decent-size basket will come in handy.
- If you are going to do a lot of jogging or walking or you are a travel-loving person, opt for inflatable tires. They will be making the ride more comfortable.
- For walk in the park or over the uneven surface, big wheels make the ride easier and more comfortable.
Features to look for:
- Is this pram or stroller being newborn suitable? Almost all strollers are newborn suitable except which will not lie flat; normally these are suitable for 6 months.
- Are wheels being according to your needs?
- Size. Try folding and unfolding it to see if you can carry it comfortably when folded. If you have a newborn, ensure the pram you buy is suitable for them size-wise because not all are.
- Are brake locks working effortlessly? Locks can be activated and release with your feet which prevent bending but make sure your feet fit under them easily.
- Straps. Tug at them to check they are secure and the seat does not come away from the frame.
- Five-point safety harness.
- Adjustable backrest.
- Footrest, until what age your baby can easily and comfortably sit in it.
- Folding Mechanism.
- Mosquito Nets to protect the baby while taking her to the park.
- Storage for carrying things like nappies, baby food, clothes, and your handbag too. Check the size and weight limit and how accessible it is.
- Adjustable height handles.
Pram safety checklist
- Check for the safest version which is designed to eliminate the formation of a loop between the shoulder and waist straps which pose a strangulation hazard.
- Look for the strap or protruding parts or ones that could pose a choking risk, and gaps that could trap fingers or limbs.
- Is there a child-resistant mechanism for locking and unlocking the frame?
- Is the pram stable enough not to tip easily?
These are all the important information and knowledge required before going to buy the best pram or stroller for your little one. So why wait?? Go shopping now and let your baby sit comfortably and feel safe to experience new sounds, movements, colors, and shapes around the world.
We hope this blog will help you in making your choice. If you have any queries, comment us in the comment box.
You may also like:
In Same Category
No comment at this time!