How to develop the dressing sense of kids?
How to develop the dressing sense of kids?
" Awesome, Fabulous, I look beautiful in this outfit"!
When was the last time you felt so in front of the mirror?
Then you might have a great dressing sense for sure.
Parents are the footprints for their kids when it comes to clothing. If your clothing choices enable you to present yourself well before others, your kids will follow it.
"My dad never prefers unironed clothes! If this is your habit, then it creates an impact that will make your child say, "I wear only ironed shirts". It's a simple thing but they observe from you. Initially, they learn from you but will teach you the same when they grow up.
Fashion and dressing sense are often combined terms. If your clothing style is decent but outdated, people will judge you for not being in the current fashion trend. It is not about judgments but will make you feel less or self-conscious.
Fashion is continuously evolving by reaching more people much quicker than before with digital media. So, your kids will be fond of adopting the latest trends.
In this post, let us go through how to raise kids with adoring dressing styles.
What is dressing sense?
Dressing sense is how you express yourself with your personal choices like clothing and accessories. It is the way you handle yourself in front of other people. It's about individual dressing styles.
The art of dressing that you learned in childhood might have come now and in your future. It's a life skill that needs slow learning. So, teach this art to your loved ones right from an early age.
Do not ignore saying that he is just a kid. Why should I insist on learning this? Remember, Today's children are tomorrow's adults. What they are learning now will come all their life.
Taking enough time to care for your clothes and prepare neatly is important, making it easy to pass on this skill to your kids.
Need to give importance to dressing style.
- Dressing well is a self-care skill. Every time you appear neat, you will feel positive throughout the day. Devoting time for yourself will make you think you are valuable to yourself.
- The first impression will make assumptions about people like in office meetings, for promotion, or finding a job. People will respect you. Although some assumptions may go wrong, they will continue to form opinions from your visual presence.
- Well-dressing will boost your confidence and empower you. You gain your self-respect, attitude, thus leading to success in life.
- It keeps you focussed. When there are no distractions, you will be more attentive in work, thus enhancing your productivity.
- You get attention because you look neat and likable.
- Dressing sense will reflect your personalities like uniqueness, trust, and maturity.
Why shouldn't we do this for our kids if it has many benefits?
Steps to improve dressing sense!
The most appropriate age to study clothing is when your kid turns five years and above. From 1-5, kids learn how to undress and dress themselves with your little or no help.
1)Listening to kids' needs - Observe your kids. You know your kids better, but they know their preferences even better. So, pay attention to the type of clothes they choose to wear. Their choices vary as they grow older.
2)Let them choose - Let your kids decide what to wear for the day. Allow choosing from their wardrobe. It gives an idea of what they love and what makes them feel good. Let them start to make their own fashion decisions.
3)Freedom to experiment - Experiments with clothes like plain, mixed, contrast/complementing colors, fabrics, prints, stripes, and patterns help you to find the most fitted stuff. It is the primary step to growing kids' fashion fusion. Unless you try, how will you discover a suitable style as per their body features and shapes?
Being monotonous adds no interest to their life.
"The Only Thing You Need To Wear Well Is Your Confidence"-Priyanka Chopra.
Hence, doing experiments with clothing will enable your kid to know themselves better, love oneself better, improve their confidence. Moreover, colors bring excitement and children will love it.
4)Enhance their creativity - Adding new collections and blending different styles make your kid more creative. For example, a high hair bun, brown sunglasses, light purple shade t-shirt, short skirt, matching shoes, and trendy tiny handbag will turn any baby girl into the most charming princess in the world.
5)Self-correction - Allow your kid to see the mirror once they dress up. Ask them how the outfit is? Is she looking good? If changing a few accessories will make her even more gorgeous? Kids will develop these self-correcting suggestions over time. But for now, you have to guide them with your opinions and ideas.
6)Accessories - Have a separate accessories collection box for your children at home.
It could be hats, sunglasses, watches, handbags, sling bags, slippers, casuals, belts, neckbands, hair bands, bangles, and studs for girls.
For boys, you can have collections like coolers, watches, belts, shoes, and chains.
7)Appreciation - Nothing can motivate children more than your appreciation. Do congratulate them even for their small tasks. For example, if you want your kid to change the hairband, tell her to try other hairbands. Say you will look prettier in this band than that. Why not try asking this? Do not force kids. Be kind to master their skills.
8)Setting rules - Frame some strict home rules for establishing good dressing manners. The rules can be to
- Dress appropriately as per the kid’s age and body features.
- Always wear clean clothes.
- Prioritize comfortable rather than expensive stylish attires.
- Wear clothes with no stains, no color fading, or torn ones.
- Not to wear unironed clothes/ even school uniforms.
- Put on garments that suit the weather conditions, light color for summer, and dark layering clothes for winters.
- Partywear is a must for festivals and parties.
- Always select outfits that fit their allotted budgets.
- Do not buy stuff if it doesn’t fit you.
- Do not overuse accessories.
9)Budget-friendly shopping - Plan a budget before you take your kids to shop, for Example, Rs.800 for a gown. Budgeting will enable them to realize the value of money spent on buying clothes should be worth it. It makes them understand that styling need not be expensive. Also, explain the quality of materials before considering budgets.
10)Customization - “One size does not fit all”. Many times standard sizes like Small, Medium, Large may not fit all. Some have to do alterations, adjustments in waist lines, and shoulders for proper fitting. It is the same for kids too. Teach them to customize the ready-made clothes from store racks or fabric pieces to improve their personal look.
Parental Tips to follow in kid's clothing!
- Have limited collections in your child's wardrobe. When a particular trend changes, just reboot their wardrobe with the current trend.
- Buy one size-extra clothes for long-time use as kids grow fast.
- Ensure that your kids always dress up properly.
- Get good-quality fabrics that fit your budget. Cheap clothes may harm your kid's sensitive skin.
- Do not limit kids to their options. Let your loved ones make a new trend.
- Inner wear is often not considered as dressing sense because no one sees it. But, on repeated washing, kids underwear should make them feel breathable in their own skin. Replace your child’s underwear once every 6 months.
- Changing hairstyles once in six months refreshes your kid’s styling sense. There are plenty of hairstyle references online for baby girls and boys to try.
Ideas to get fashion inspiration!
Social media - Social media is the most powerful tool now.
Kids fashion influencers and celebrity kids are everywhere on social media. Their posts on styling tips and reviews on different brand collections give a lot of insights for parents to adopt. Also, get some suggestions from men and women fashion influencers and fashion bloggers to add the styling features. Copy the trend and see if your child loves it, is suited or not.
Kids Fashion magazines - Children's fashion modeling is booming and you can find a number of magazines online. Fashion magazines for kids provide visually appealing high-quality pictures of the world famous child fashion models. It forecasts outfits for children and teens that suit different weather conditions and seasons. Either subscribe to the magazine or read online for details.
Celebrities as role models - Celebrities may attract your kids with their inspiring dressing sense. It is common among children to admire popular humans from series/movies. It has a positive and a negative influence on young minds, but it depends on whom your kids choose as fashion models.
Some of the trendy combinations to try for your kids!
- Jumpsuits with short sleeves or sleeveless, wide-leg or frilled pants, a waist belt, matching boots, and a handy short bag will be an eye-catching fashion blend.
- A casual t-shirt, paired with a plain/floral printed legging, coolers, neck shawl, a high hair bun, and matching flats/ footwear can groom your little girl into a beautiful charm.
- An elbow-length shirt, plain/striped trousers, stunning belt, sunglasses, and a casual shoe is a perfect combo for little boys.
Dressing sense is a skill to be nurtured from the early age of children. As parents, encourage your kids to do experiments with different fashion elements like color combinations, patterns, fabrics, and accessories. Observe their likes and dislikes, and provide suggestions to improve their art of clothing over time.
Let us bring confident kids by exploring the most comfortable, stylish attires themselves by our suggestions and motivation.
Finally, you must have got inspired by someone in your life for their unique dressing sense? Who was it? How did they inspire you? Let us know in the comments below.
In Same Category
- Everything you got to know about Baby Crib Cot and its maintenance!
- Are your kids safe from summer? Know the summer health care tips here!
- How To Avoid Low Amniotic Fluid Levels From Day One Of Pregnancy?
- Virtual learning to classrooms! 6 Important things to consider!
- How Celebrating Valentine's Day Changed Now?
Related by Tags
No comment at this time!